Sunday, June 18

Profile: Courtney

Profile: Courtney Sullivan

Beauty & Strength:

Courtney is strong, driven, and most kind-hearted. Courtney is everyone's confident because she opens her heart to all. She has the strength of character to serve as a leader, and the humility to make those she meets feel like they are home. Her words console the soul, and her loving smiles make one melt - let alone her hugs!


Connection:

Courtney is one of my greatest inspirations. She taught me much of what I know about love. We spent four years at the same university (Alaska Pacific University). I once decided to emulate her ability to spread love all around her, and the lessons gained will always be a part of who I am. Courtney and I have shared many magical moments, between chats, travels, parties, and especially service. As you may know, service together is just about the greatest way to connect to another soul, and this was certainly the case with Courtney. We organized various activities on campus (informational, cutural, entertainment, etc.), and provided mutual motivation and encouragement for our seperate initiatives. The opening night of The Peach (the play I wrote/produced/directed in college), she cried for the joy of seeing its success. She holds a permanent, big place in my heart.


Service:

Courtney is conscious of the challenges the world faces, and works on many fronts to help heal its condition - such as human rights, supporting cultural heritage, and especially the environment. She is currently president of Alaska Natural Resource & Outdoor Education Association (ANROE), and one of her greatest contributions has been the organizing of Native Alaskan Youth Olympics over the last couple of years. She has also travelled for service to remote Alaskan villages, South America, and probably other places I do not know of... She is also a dedicated friend, making great efforts to be of service to those most in need.


Vision:

Courtney will continue to devote her life to service, through education of both herself and others, as well as through action. Considering how much her leadership skills are growing, I envision her in a position where she can truly influence the course of events on a large scale, for the benefit of still more people. She will, of course, continue to inspire me in my life, as I learn to develop myself and serve others. And I am sure others feel as I do.


Token Couplet:

If rain and sunshine showered from above
No longer, there would still be Courtney's love.

No comments: