Tuesday, April 18

Twice the Joy!

Two things that might bring you joy:

---
1.
You know you love your job when:

You go to school to teach, find out that classes have been cancelled, so you can go home early, and you get upset that you can't teach!

That's what happened to me! Walking away from that school, I felt very sad that I could not see the children - such wonderfully bright souls as Yang, Wanda, Rose, Howard, Dima, Heidi, Georgia, Tristy, Kenny, Baron, Lisa, or Vicky. I was very sad... Although you owe to that this very weblo entry...


---
2.
This next picture is the addition to the joy:


I see you smiling too!!

Elena had been living in Shanghai for many months. I met her while traveling before coming to Shanghai, then I got to meet her sister and mother when they were in town, and now they're all three gone - but not without leaving me some great pictures!




Below are a couple of pictures of the world-famous Shanghai city skyline:




There's a million different kinds of street food in Shanghai, so at any moment, one might stop and get a snack, or a whole meal. The lady below is making my favorite: simply dough, one egg, some veggies, spices, a sweet paste, and a crunchy bread-type thing for texture, delivered in what might look like a wrap. So tasty!




About my job, here are some pictures from the school we went to this afternoon without being able to teach (that bright big smile is Michelle's)








Doesn't my team look awesome!?!!

---
This last weekend I went to Fudan University, where Peter will be going in the Fall. I've already made some great friends there, so it will be great when he comes to town!

We went to a Japanese restaurant



I am surrounded by goddesses! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How much better is it to weep at joy than to joy at weeping! -William Shakespeare