Tuesday, June 27

Zhu Jia Jiao

Off to Zhu Jia Jiao we went on June 15.

My oh my! what an adventure! We met at the Shanghai stadium to catch the 9-yuen ($1) bus. Originally it was just Javad and I going:


Soon enough, there were 8 of us going! Cool art at the stadium:


Zhu Jia Jiao is one of several river towns, where boat faring has always been a part of locals' lives. Today these boats are mostly for tourists...







... and the ocasional garbage-men:


We took the boat too!


This next picture is what I was looking at in the previous - foreigners like meself are always a funny sight to locals and other tourists alike:


This was a true gentleman:


Especially to put his boat in my hands!




Oh-so pleasant!


The beautiful locals:


Beautiful Architecture:


Beautiful art (there was much more, of various kinds, but you'll just have to go there...)


Beautiful danio:


Of course, the fun was mostly about the people with whom we were spending precious time:





Including my dear companion Javad:


Javad just left a couple of days ago, moving to another city. He has been my closest companion here in Shanghai. We are both very excited about his new home, and the service he will offer there.


As always, the most important is that life is beautiful, so I leave you with a picture of Shanghai's official city flower, the Magnolia, which has been blooming everywhere for the last 3-4 weeks! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty neat. That looks like a place I can live in for a long time. I have to go there when I get a chance. BTW, I'll be arriving in Beijing on August 16, so I should be in Shanghai around the 1st of September.