Sunday, September 10

Last Resort

So I got a membership at a gym near my home, as a last resort, since I have not been exercising since I've come to Shanghai. I was trying to do capoeira, but it didn't work with my schedule.

I've started working on three different performance projects - some friends have been asking me about this, since I am a performer, after all... I have to make slow progress at this point, because of my heavy schedule, but it's nice to make some headway.

The new semester has started, and it's great to be back at the kindergartens, especially to be once again with some of my classes from the Spring.

Blogging...

How about a poem! a love poem!




Beneath the surface of your smile there lies
A mystery, which no detective's eyes,
However keen, could e'er elucidate.
How can your smile so bright illuminate
In one sweet hour a world as big as mine?
The secret lies in how you did define
The meaning of your life when as a child
You looked up to your teacher's face, so mild
And kind, and recognized the peaceful way
That you yourself would choose to be and stay.
Today, like many other days you teach,
Your light has shone on one you tried to reach,
And I am thankful for the smile I feel
Is spreading on my face - so warm and real.
I hope and pray you always will bestow
Your happy smile on those you get to know,
Because our world can seem so very dark
With so few acts of love to make their mark,
But smiles like yours can bring a kindling spark.


---

danio's song of the month

Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces

What did you do? What did you say?
Did you walk or did you run away?
Where are you now? Where have you been?
Did you go alone or did you bring a friend?
I need to know this 'cause I noticed you're smiling.
Out of the sun, having fun and and feeling free.
And I can tell you know how hard this life can be, but you keep on smiling for me.

What went right? What went wrong?
Was it a story or was it a song?
Was it overnight or did it take you long?
Was it knowing your weakness what made you strong?
Or all of the above. Oh how I love to see you smiling.
And oh yeah, take a little pain just in case.
You need something warm to embrace, to help you put on a smiling face.
Put on a smiling face.

Don't you go off into the new day with any doubt.
Here's a summary of something that you could smile about.
Say for instance, my girlfriend she bugs me all the time.
But the irony of it all is that she loves me all the time. Oh, see.


I wanna be you, whenever I see you smiling.
'Cause it's easily one of the hardest things to do.
Your worries and fears become your friends and they end up smiling at you.
Put on a smiling face.

No comments: