Sunday, October 29

The Love of my Life

This is the first post in a couple of weeks. Sorry!The main reason is that I have found the soul with which I will spend the rest of eternity, and I have been overwhelmed far beyond measure.Her name is Lillian, Chinese name Li Lin Ling (3rd, 2nd and 2nd tones respectively). We have known each other pretty much since I moved here in February, and we are very close friends. We are learning to do all kinds of different things together, and we are planning our future life together. There is an abundance of joy, intense marveling, and abiding peace. Even the craziness of The Mars Volta music cannot begin to touch the depths of this life-turn!

On another note, this is my second week teaching English in primary school instead of kindergarten. It's been a serious challenge, which I am appreciating. Today I discovered how wonderfully crafts can work in the students regular classrooms (half of the classes are in smaller groups in my own classroom!). So I will be resorting to crafts more in the future. There's a beautiful girl names Ingrid, who is an absolute storm of misbehavior! For some reason, though, I took an immediate liking to her, and today she proudly demonstrated to me how attentive and engaged a student she can be, and ran into my arms after class. These two learnings made today a wonderful, heart-warming day (not to mention a long conversation with my parents in the morning, and coming home to a delicious home-made dinner from my beloved hands in the evening!)The danio is happy. Posted by Picasa

Note: This post was written on November 9, but I have not had access to Blogger.com recently.

7 comments:

don Eric said...

LLL is cute. Congratulations! Did I get to meet her when I visited you in May, by any chance?

Glad to hear you're so happy. ;)

Eric

- said...

Congratulations, danio!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations bro. I wish nothing but the best for you, you certainly deserve it:)

courtney said...

Wonderful news Danio. China has been great for you in all sorts of ways. Welcome to the family Lillian.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, danio!

Much love,

Suzanne

Patty said...

Now that I've talked with Lillian it's good to see how she looks. She is so cute! I hope you have been able to show pics of our family that just keeps on growing.

Anonymous said...

danio, what wonderful news, so glad to hear you are so happy, still singing and playing guitar, I hope? Congratulations!
Sherry