Saturday, April 14

Warmth & Vulnerability

I had a house-warming party, with lots and lots of fruit!







Love is an amazing gift.


I am so excited to get married in two weeks! There's a warmth in my life that I've never known. I really feel that all the hype in songs and movies about love is actually underplayed - true love, and falling in love, are much more powerful and intense still. This is mostly because they miss the whole spiritual aspect of the relationship, which adds multiple dimensions to the relationship.





I've recently realized that I've had this idea that when you really love someone, you end up feeling feeling vulnerable. Maybe vulnerability seemed to me like a sign of true love. I wouldn't have agreed theoretically with this idea, but it's been a part of my reality. I now know that showing weakness and susceptibility do not enhance the feeling of love and appreciation in the partner - at least not in Lillian. I think that strength, confidence and empathy form a good combination, where one stands firm, aware and understanding, confirming one partner's reality at the same time as one's own.







I feel like there are so many new worlds to explore. What's interesting is that I'm actually still on this earthly world. Seeing how rich life is here, I can scarcely imagine what exploring other Worlds will be like. Maybe the fact that I will discover them with Lillian gives me a sense of their existence and impressions.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dr. Logan said...

congrats darling, happy house warming!

Patty said...

I can't wait for you to get married,too. I'm very happy for you and I hope all the best for you and Lillian. Mommy

Robbie Falconer said...

For serious! You are getting married SO hard. Speaking of being on this earlthy plane, when are you and Lilian going to be on this plane of the earthly plane?! I.E. The United States?

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about vulnerability, dude. You've got the only thing you need - mojo.