Wednesday, February 2

Sweexteen --- I was in bed 16 hours last night!!! I'm going out to get some medication.

I'm definitely going to NEBY Fest this year for the first time (a Northeastern Baha'i Youth conference). And I already know of several other people who are going as well. I will soon post the poem I performed on Monday night. It was a huge success at the 3rd Just Poetry Slam, here in Richmond at the Firehouse Theatre. There were a few friends that came to support me and Robbie (who made his first appearance on stage with his own very successful piece). Many came up to me after the performance to compliment me and even ask questions or offer commentaries! I got a very high score, too - notably a 10.0 and a 9.9! Perhaps most importantly, I got to dialogue with some of the amazing poets that were there, and extend my network of artists quite a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I WILL SEE YOU AT NEBY FEST.

love,
sarah