Tuesday, March 15

Farmer --- Yippie!!! acceleration after acceleration, dear me dear me! I have almost doubled the number of weblos on my list of "to visit"s! This whole networking is fantastic!



So this whole directing a little play is moving slowly but surely. I've been in touch with just about all of the would-be performers, and we should be having just one or two practices per week between now and April 23, when it goes up. It's been just wonderful working with JoAn.


And Shawn has just done a major revision to the opening of her play, and I feel it's safe to say I really want to direct it. We've been dialoguing about it, and we'll be bouncing ideas back and forth, and most likely getting more serious about putting her play up after "In His Presence" is completed. Wow!



The poetry jam was great last night, and people really took to my performance of a Rumi piece. Great crowd, delicious coffee, beautiful words, and inspiration for the piece I'm preparing for the poetry slam in two weeks (competition).



Our visit up to Baltimore (actually Cockeysville, just past Baltimore) was just extraordinary. We were 7 driving up from Richmond, in two vehicles, for just one evening. It was a straighforward party at a Persian home, with lots of food, ping pong, foosball, hanging out, and lots of dancing (happy happy happy danio!) It's always so wonderful to see my friends up there. I got to see Nina, Ruth, Adarsh, Jacob, Sneha and Megan, and it brought such joy to my heart - especially a very spirited chat with Ruth, which lead to further thoughts and inspiration upon my return. The drive both ways was also fun, what with the energy of Shawn, Zarasun, Jasmin and David. Peter and Orion were in the other car - THE RICHMOND CREW ROLLS THICK!!



I once again substituted for the youth class at Baha'i school on Sunday, and we had a really good time. I bet it's a shocking change of flavor from when Steve Connor teaches!!



I've been studying "Perspicuous Verses", a passage where the voice of Revelation answers the questions of the doubters among men. It's fascinating and intriguing, and the text for one of the scenes in "In His Presence".



E-mail is incredible.



I still don't know where I'm going in the Fall. Summer plans are also very much up in the air, except for my week-long trip late May. Martinique? Congo? One of the many other French-speaking countries in Africa? China? Latin America? Where, oh where to go!? God willing I will receive guidance soon. And then I might still go to grad school if I'm accepted at Simon Fraser U in Vancouver.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! THE Steve C.?! Married to Madlin? He was MY teacher back in the day!!! (jr. youth, it seems to me...) Wow...heheheheh...wow.

Anonymous said...

D'oh! I keep forgetting about this anonymous thing. That was me, Mara. Ciao!