Monday, December 19

Monday

Today was truly a magical day. I was watching Leigh, and as she was napping on my breast, I was thinking fondly of my beloved friend Courtney. Moments later, after Leigh awoke, a package came in the mail from Alaska - from Courtney! She sent me fabulous gifts: an original painting from a Native Alaskan artist, depicting Raven flying to the sun, followed by his shadow; a journal with Dr. Seuss illustrations, "Oh the places you will go!", and a gorgeous framed picture of her, holding a sign that reads: "I am thinking of danio". I have been on cloud nine since.

I also spent quite some time reading for and planning my travels to Montreal (setting-up a role-playing game for Jerome, Demie and me), Evanston (preparing a fireside focusing on the fear of God and inter-religious spirituality), and China.

This evening, I had planned a dinner with Charlotte and the family, which turned out to be a surprize goodbye party, attended by some twenty friends from Quebec - mothers and their babies from the Holland Center, members of the Baha'i community, and students at Charlotte's laboratory - all of this secretly organized by her, of course... Here are some pictures:





\\ Posted by Picasa










1 comment:

Jim Habegger said...

Finally! Here I am! Wow! Adventure! Excitement! Romance!