Friday, June 22

Your Potential

I have only made little steps here and there in terms of advancing my mission of saving the world through my unique understanding of the role performance must and will play in the advancement of world civilization: collaborations here and there that have ended in me teaching a class to some acting students in a university, setting up but never finishing a co-production of an original play, and a short original performance with a few friends in front of a small audience. These don't at all meet the hopes I had for what I might be doing by now in China.

So I was listening to some Saul Williams, and I just started going crazy, feeling so intensely that I need to make bigger steps in reaching my goals and liberating my dormant potential. This really worried Lillian, because when I came home that evening, I did a really poor job at explaining my state of mind, and she worried that I was getting depressed and feeling down - which was not the case! I just felt a greater sense of urgency.

Sometimes, this world and my life seem to redirect my steps in an unexpected direction, where it becomes harder to envision the correct path to service and greatness. But then I think of the lives of great people - particularly 'Abdu'l-Baha, Who spent most of His life in prison, aiding those who were near Him, and changing the lives of a few, whom He could directly assist and support (ok, maybe more than "a few"...). Not until later in life was He able to travel abroad and speak to large audiences of various countries and walks of life - until His loving words and encouragement deeply touched the hearts of millions!

So I just need to remember to try the best I can, and God will give me the appropriate opportunities, according to the most perfect path for my life. Trust. Peace. Contentment. Wonderment.

Fish with frog's eyes: creation is perfect.

Robbie and I love and frequently recall the above quote from an almost obscure poem. Upon recalling this quote, Robbie might look like this:



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jim Habegger said...

"the role performance must and will play in the advancement of world civilization"

I'd like to know more about that. Are your thoughts about that posted somewhere? If not, can you post them?

Daddy

firstwomantomars said...

Oh nano, I totally get what you're saying! So very often I feel that way and 'Abdu'l-Baha's example (so gentle, loving and caring for those in his presence) always makes me feel so much better! I don't know where this idea that "saving" the world means doing BIG things comes from, but I used to feel an urgency intertwined with that idea. It was quite an obsession! It seems to me now that the best we can do is work on our own personal (inner and outer) life and somehow that will irradiate to others...And that's plenty enough to keep me busy!
Luv ya!
-Char

Patty said...

I feel you! I have been very busy and I'm sorry that I haven't been able to contact you much. I am taking three summer school classes at VCU. One ends tomorrow. Life is strange sometimes. One day I came home with my knee really hurting and then I saw a neighborhood gray stray cat that I've named Smokey. Smokey talked to me and then I knew that everything was okay!