Thursday, June 14

Smoothies, Tea and Coffee

I guess Lillian and I have it made now: bought a blender a few weeks ago, we've received plenty of great tea from friends, and just got a coffee maker a few days ago from a gift card we got at our wedding reception.

I adore all of those drinks, and so does my wife - specifically, we're both extreme fruit lovers.

Long Jing, or "Dragon Well", was my favorite tea since Jason and I had bought a can back during college winter vacation 2000. That was the time we got to wake up slow, peacefully walking around the woods of Alaska Pacific University... the time when he asked me mid-morning, in an unexplainable tortured voice, "Are we gonna eat today?"

Mr. Falconer said to me on the phone, in response to the news that we had bought a coffee maker, "Finally, someone with some sense!"

Otherwise, the wedding reception was great, although I barely got to visit with my friends... About 65 came, and our program included meeting people, listening to family speeches (including my parents' recorded voices), viewing our wedding pics from Guilin on a big screen, eating cake, singing, acting, etc. all on a big boat floating on the Huang Pu River in the middle of Shanghai's nighttime skyline.

You can check out the pictures from our trip to Hangzhou - my third time there! Lillian's parents will be in town until Monday, at which point we'll miss them a lot - especially mom's daily double-delicious drool-drawing delicacies (she's been cooking every meal for us, that is...)




PS: Cirque du Soleil is coming to Shanghai this month!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

danio, I LOVE your description of your happy life and I'm so glad to hear from you. My prayers are with you and Lillian and I look forward to seeing you both when you come home to visit... or have I missed your visit? I hope not... a smoothie sounds great to me, have you gone vegan? I've been toying with the idea and trying some things... have to see what happens!
Love you!
sherry

Mara Noelle said...

I love to see that her parents are so playful!

Dr. Logan said...

Keep changing the world. Smooches, Logan