Monday, March 24

I Love Shanghai




I've been really feeling these last few days the glory of living in Shanghai.

What a mythical place to call home for a few years!

How many the thoughts, feelings, memories, dreams, opinions and hopes associated with it!

And here I am, just living my life in the middle of it...

We've got Chinese names for a son or a daughter, and still thinking of English names.

On my mind:
  • My baby!
  • My magical married life
  • Our many goals and dreams for today, this week, this year, this life, this generation, this world.
  • The condominium we're going to buy in one month
  • The pleasure and challenges of my English classes
  • My sister's current family challenges
  • My friends
  • Stephanie Dornbrook, who recently passed away
  • Liam, Brent and Liza's new baby
  • Javad and Lily's upcoming marriage
  • Our goal to get a master each in the US within the next few years
  • Radiohead's album, "In Rainbows"

4 comments:

Orion said...

Dude, I saw your post pop up on bahainine.com. It's awesome that I keep seeing people I know actually using the site. You win!

Jim Habegger said...

Glamorous!

Daddy

Patty said...

I'm glad that you like Shanghai. I love China. I think of my trip there last December often. It is a wonderful country with wonderful people. I don't think that many people living outside of China know what an amazing place it is. I still marvel at it and I only stayed a week. I can't wait to go back again!

peter said...

nice pictures, did you take those.

oh, I will call you latter about it but it looks like Blogger is no longer blocked. i will have to see how long that lasts.