Sunday, November 7

Albeit --- I've had it easy. It's quite clear to me now. I've had it easy this year. I've had a great job, straighforward community opportunities, and too much to do to have to think too much about much else. Well, that last clause is definitely not true in most ways. I've thought about almost everything, it feels like. The process of relating most things back to the Seven Valleys that the spiritual traveler traverses has almost become second nature. There are a number of such good habits that are becoming more natural. Anyway, the reason I feel like I've had it easy is that, dedicating all day yesterday to Performance Studies research, and half of today to college applications, I feel like this is where the hard work begins. Maybe it's just that everything else that I'm involved in now was just as challenging in the beginning, but it flows of its own now.


Anyway, I've got four schools to which I'm applying, and I'm considering various travel possibilities as alternative routes to grad school. Once I receive results from my applications, I'll consider what will best serve my goals and vision.


I did perform that poem mentioned in my previous post. It was an immense hit - very welcomed by both the audience and the poets who were putting on the show. It was so perfect that I got to practice the piece with my acting class, and right after I was given the opportunity to present. Orion and I will be working on a joint piece to perform at the next slam - plus I should be performing at every slam at the Firehouse theatre on the last Monday of the month.


Robbie and I had another opportunity to eat out with our new best friends Christian and Mishkin. We ate at the news Cheesecake factory. Great times.


Volleyball team one another game! Had a blast today at open gym. I got a call back from Joshua, the guy who's part of a Capoeira group. I got the call the next day after I decided to give up on it. I'll check on them again in Jan, after all this grad school madness.


Got me some nice Outkast playing on my earphones.


Have I mentioned these are probably the best days of my life? I am so fortunate. Had an AWESOME chat with Eric (in Chicago area) yesterday - very deep conversation. He's off to do some really good stuff for our little Earth.


Robbie and I (re)started our Ruhi Book 4 study circle. We have an amazing group! Plus we've scheduled our next several meetings almost through January! A rare thing among nearly a dozen busy Baha'is! Plus, Robbie and I have been exploring the amazing worlds of joined prayer. We spend long long moments reciting, singing, chanting, supplicating our Magnanimous Lord, searching to liberate ourselves from the fetters of this lowly world! He's a most precious blessing in my life.

No comments: