Wednesday, January 19

Anger --- I was listening to Joni Mitchell last weekend, and after a while of being infused with her emotional bouquets of reality, it hit me how powerful her music is. Then I got angry: I had so benefitted from her music in less than an hour - yet, none of my friends had ever told me, "danio... danio, you _need_ to listen to Joni Mitchell". Why? many of my friends listen to her, I'm sure. And some of them are truly moved by her. And a couple of them are bound to know that I too would be susceptible to her beauty. This experience quickly transformed into insight into the experience of some Baha'is, who have said they've gotten angry at other Baha'is they had met previously, only to later discover their Faith, which they had kept to themselves. And here I stand, guilty of withholding the Baha'i Faith, failing to convey the all-embracing Message of Baha'u'llah, which contains the cup which will saciate the thirst of each soul! I then connected with the suffering of so many people on this planet, who would certainly obtain greater ease in this life if they could benefit from the soft-flowing Word of God. God grant that I may yet embrace my purpose and potential. "God grant that the light of unity may envelop the whole world, and that the seal 'the Kingdom is God's' may be stamped upon the brow of all its people."

No comments: