Saturday, April 23

Colors --- Soup is here! He arrived Thu mid-day. So funny how time passes, and some friendships are unharmed at all!


He's a trooper, for sure, coming to two long play practices for two nights in a row! As of midnight last night, we're looking pretty good for today's performance. Altogether, there are about 15 friends I've invited who've said they'll be coming! Lovely!



I've been elected again to the Local Spiritual Assembly.


My move to Quebec in late August/early September is definite now. Charlotte has made arrangements with Guy-Claude (brother-in-law) for my food/lodging to be compensated, along with small monetary contribution. I will be responsible for my niece 3-5 days per week, as Charlotte resumes her PhD research, and I'll be helping with general tasks as well. I'll probably bring my car, which will be an added asset.


This is exciting for so very many reasons! mainly to strengthen our family bond, train me in the rearing of a child, and I will have some time to study, research, write, and try to get published in Performance Studies and related publications.



Since my next move is to go to Japan or South Korea, I've decided to work really hard on my go playing. This ancient Chinese strategy game is evidently _huge_ in these countries - sometimes they even televise competitions, with full commentary and all! I happen to love the game. Robbie and I play semi-regularly, we have those monthly "Sushi & Go Nights", Rob is very practices and can keep teaching me techniques, and even Shawn has recently taken a liking to it! It would be a good social "in" if I move to the Far East.

No comments: