Sunday, June 19

Recent --- Aaaaaah! we did see Cirque du Soleil, and it was most excellent



I have a bit of a problem: I'm attending to most of my duties, but I must recognize that I have more on my plate than I can quite handle.


On the one hand, all is going very very well, especially because there is so much majesty and success in so all of the things I'm involved with. For instance, in the last day or so, we took a trip to Baltimore to see Cirque du Soleil: Varekai, with five people from Richmond; stopped at a cafe to eat and have a discussion of the experience, particularly with regards to "The Rose Knight" (which I am producing); we stopped in Cockeysville to visit with some friends at the "Youth Night" they were holding; had a reading of the first act of "The Rose Knight" with the passengers on the van ride back; I tutored a Ruhi Book 6 at 9AM (first one in the Richmond Cluster) through noon; attended a workshop preparing the performers in "The Rose Knight"; made a ton of phone calls all over the place to prepare these events; attended a dinner for Farther's Day, a graduation, a couple of birthdays, etc.; participated in our HUMMUS meeting (a monthly gathering of artists inspired by Baha'i and other texts and sources).


Because of such a schedule, however, I am two days late in posting on this weblo (I kind have a promise that I'll post at least once per week), and I am a couple of weeks behind in my personal e-mail (I kind have a promise that I'll respond to personal e-mails within one month). There's not much else I'm falling behind on, but I feel my commitments are a little compromised. But hey! this very compromise is serving to fulfill one of my duties right now! Funny how I don't really like talking about this concern, but I don't mind posting it to the public eye, isn't it?


And while I'm on things I don't like to talk about - I'm not sleeping enough. At all. I'm trying, but there's just so much I want to do all the time. I know that I don't really _have_ to do any of it. The world will be fine if I drop out here and there - or even everywhere. I definitely do get fully engaged in these endeavors, though, and it's nearly impossible for me to conceive of dropping something... Because of this, I'm very much looking forward to life in the Far East as an English teacher. I plan to make a specific point of living a slower-paced life for a year or so. It may be difficult at first, but I know I can be a very happy non-super-active man.



That said, I'm going to bed.

No comments: