Sunday, August 21

Ora --- Cluster Reflection Gathering today was amazing! We had the Local Baha'i Spiritual Assemblies celebrating grassroots initiatives, a beautiful devotional program, guest speakers from Baltimore, from the Baha'i World Center in Haifa, and from the Regional Council for the Southern States!



I leave Richmond in one week. I'll be driving with Robbie to his new home in Evanstan (right outside Chicago), where a number of my friends reside. After visiting with them, I'll be flying to Quebec, where I'll stay for 3-4 months before moving onto China. Charlotte (my sis) and I are already planning a trip with her family to Richmond beginning October. Should be oh-so-nice! We'll probably rent a car for a phew days and drive to and from.



This last week I'll be wrapping stuff up to be done with Richmond for at least the next year and a half, if not the rest of my life (except for occasional visits - my parents still live here, after all!)



I'm learning Mandarin!! or at least trying to... the audio lessons can only go so far in teaching all the tones...



Time to get my hands messy with this bread bowl full of black bean soup!

1 comment:

Mishkin Berteig said...

Dude... I just connected with the fact that you are learning Mandarin... I'm trying to learn it too. Maybe we could work together on it?