Sunday, September 11

Everybody! --- I had a most wonderful dream, friends! It was several nights ago, and already distant in my memory.


I got a job working for the National Baha'i Center! There were some large dormatories besides the building, where dozens (hundreds?) of people resided. In fact, there was some kind of large gathering or conference. Attending this event, were almost ALL OF MY FRIENDS!! I can barely begin a list of everyone who was there! some I've recently seen, some I haven't seen in years. There was such joy all around, so much love!


I had received a letter from the National Spiritual Assembly thanking me for my services, saying they are grateful for what I will have done by the time I die in three months. (Incidentally, the NSA would never actually write such a letter in waking life.) I couldn't quite figure out the expected date


I reacted to my inpending death as I think I would in real life: (1) I was really excited! I anticipated a positive transition into the next world, (2) I worried a bit about how to do my very best with my life in the time I had left.


I tried to explain to my friends that I was going to die, but it didn't seem to register with anyone... like, although it mattered, it wasn't worthy of notice.


Lots more happened, a couple of days went by, happy death was approaching.


I had gotten off from working, I was taking a break, and then I found myself analysing a large image with Charlotte, where the tiny details were the most interesting part - we had some high-precision zooming device. We were scrolling up this series of figures and faces, racognizing significant spiritual figures, and when we got to the top, we saw the devil: a black (midnight black) female face, mouth wide-open, staring at us. Kind of creepy, but mostly fascinating.



I actually had a sequel to this dream later in the day when I took a nap, where I was meeting with some people outside of said dorms, playing basketball among other things. There was also an old lady I know who was trying to teach me something by doing a series of acrobatic maneuvers, including crawling up the wall, to change a lightbulb... (how many Baha'is does it take to change a lightbulb? a determined old lady with too much zeal!)



One interesting aspect of the dream is that most of the people I was interacting with were Baha'is. I think there's a special dimension to my friendship with Baha'is which is often absent elsewhere: Baha'is have a common understanding of the forces at work in our time. We understand a certain destined reality surrounding us, with a growing darkness which can only be remedied by unity - unity which can only be accomplished through a common understanding of human nature and the human spirit - a spirit which longs for communion with the Great Spirit - a common vision of humanity's future potential beyond the present muck we're stuck in - one common Faith established and prescribed by Baha'u'llah, as promised by the religions of the past...


With this similar understanding, my relationship with Baha'i friends includes mutual motivation in a common effort to assist the whole of humanity in advancing to the next stage of human evolution - a spiritual evolution more staggering than the material (technological) evolution we have witnessed in the last year-and-a-half.

1 comment:

danio said...

Are you referring to the "death sentense"? I'm pretty sure I'm not actually going to die. I felt rather in tune with that dream, and I don't feel like it's telling me I'm actually leaving...
And China... well everybody knows I'm going to China, and most seem rather happy with this...

Does this answer your post?