Wednesday, November 30

Fear of God

So I recently was able to explore yet again the applicability of one of my favorite pieces of wisdom:

You build from strength to strength.

To me, this means that if we recognize a strength in ourselves (or in a group, or whatever), an excellent, if not the best, way to progress is to utilize and further develop said strength.

I have long (2-3 years) found that of all the Writings of Baha'u'llah, the Seven Valleys (an elucidation of the mystical journey of the seeker of Truth) is the one I connect to the best. One issue that's been bugging me is finally coming to a resolution because I was reminded of the importance of the fear of God, which lead to go back to a study of the Kitab-i-Aqdas (the Most Holy Book, the Baha'i Book of Laws), with the new focus on this theme. The fear of God seems to be the key to a lot of things in my spiritual life right now. We'll see where this all leads me!

1 comment:

danio said...

Sounds great! I always love to share stories of these journeys!