Tuesday, October 26

What it is --- Wow! I feel great!


Summary: Tuesday we had our celebration of the Birth of the Bab (Prophet of God and Forerunner of Baha'u'llah - founder of the Baha'i Faith!), which was very nice, and I met some Baha'is from the Toronto area. On Thursday, the two of them got together with Robbie and I, and we had an absolute BLAST, stuffing our stomach (more our whole _bodies_), talking philosophy, and generally being geeks. This night, also, I was introduced to "The Mars Volta" - an excellent, if overwhelming and "busy" rock band.



Friday, I go to Baltimore!!! I arrived in the afternoon, and I spent the rest of the day and the next morning with my great friend, Sam Gallant. Such a cool guy! I also visited with his daughter Maia, his wife Molly, and her sister Amy. Wonderful, beautiful visit. We went to the BMA (Baltimore Museum of Art), ate nice food together, laughed, and reminisced a little. The other half of the weekend I spent with Omid (Allen Eghrari). He's in grad med school at Johns Hopkins (hot stuff, eh?). We prayed, freestyled, played DDR, drove around, had spiritual/religious discussions, etc. - the way good friends like us should do... I also got to attend a couple of Baha'i gatherings - with mostly youth and young adults. I met a ton of people, and was enlightened, entertained, and spiritualized.



A group of Baha'is from one of these events went to see "What the Bleep do we Know?" - probably the most fascinating movie I have ever seen. It has permanently changed my perspective on the universe and the meaning of life. (How's that for a review??!?) Please consider renting/buying it when it comes out on video at your local store.



I'm all over hip hop these days: Mos Def's new album ("The New Danger") is out, and is way, WAY too good for words. Omid hooked me up with a CD of French rap, including a track or two by my favorite hip hop artists - "I Am." Omid also hooked me up with a CD of instrumentals, so when I got back on Sunday, Orion and I were freestyling to some nice beats. Oh, and Omid hooked me up with "Fort Tabarsi" - hands down the best Baha'i Hip Hop I've ever heard (not that we have much...) It's vastly superior to the popular hip hop, and it's up to par with some of the better stuff I know - but since it's about the Baha'i Faith, its Principles and Baha'u'llah, it downright some of the best music I've ever heard!


I've started writing a poem I've been preping for weeks. I'm hoping to perform it at a poetry slam late next month.


Wish you were here.

No comments: