Tuesday, October 25

Insights

First off, THE FUGEES' NEW SINGLE IS OUT! iz called Take it Easy.

That said, it's been interesting catching up with a variety of people's weblogs. The list is getting long, 'cause I'm a fan of a few too many people to be on top of it all, but with my new technique of getting weblo posts as e-mails (via RSS feeds), I'm catching up with a lot of lives! It's such a blessings to be in touch with so many inspiring lives!

To mention one, Suzanne's blog has some beautiful insights, which are particularly dear to me, besides my love for her, because of her various notes on mothering the adorable Amia. I was especially connecting to the expression of how experience and reflection weave together in a life that focuses on those years required to establish a solid foundation for the generation to come. In other words, Suzanne talks about things she does with Amia, then explains some of the contemplations and decisions they provoke.

Leigh has been the ultimate inspiration to me, as I had hoped when I offered to move in with my sister and assist with her up-bringing. Of course, as you have certainly heard, life with children has a tendency to slow things down. Indeed, I am involved in far fewer activities now than I had been just before moving to Quebec. It's more of a mentality, though. Even if I had as many things to do, any time I am with Leigh, such matters become less than secondary: if she "lets" me do them, I will, otherwise, oh well! What can I do with a crying baby other than take care of her? There's no moving onto other things!

Another interesting experience: living here, I'm in Charlotte's domain - as my sister, she seems to have taken on a variety of projects besides her all-important research in microbiology ("Values Workshops" for babies and parents, Baha'i student association, teaching Baha'i Sunday school, etc.) Usually I spend most of my time and efforts on endeavors of my own initiative. Here, it's mostly working under the purview of Charlotte's supervision. This takes a different set of skills and qualities than I am used to.

This is yet another one among inummerable ways in which this chapter of my life is shifting most things in my psyche. I just wish to reiterate how grateful I am. This is truly a beautiful life. I pray that I may always have the strength to live up to the challenges that God graciously sets before me.

I miss Shanghai (though I've never been there...)

No comments: