Sunday, October 2

Pitfalls --- Last week was difficult. Leigh cried half the day on all three days I was watching her. And so did I. The worst is that on Friday, I behave poorly (in my opinion). I will not dwell on details, but let us just say that I fell beneath my personally accepted standard of response.

Tonight, with the prospect of watching her again (plus I was inside all day), I got really worried, and somewhat negative. I've been rather worried that I'll fail myself (and possibly Leigh) again. I now feel much better, though. The negative is almost all gone. I had immediately realized that the difficulty was a response from God to my prayers for more tests. Tonight I came to better grips with this, praised and thanked God sincerely for the difficulty, and decided to say the Long Healing Prayer (revealed by Baha'u'llah). It's been an emotional journey, for sure, and spiritual as well, of course.

My God is truly a Merciful God, the All-Wise, the Compassionate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Children are so challenging - they are pure raw emotion, utterly truthful, and a constant mirror of what we have become and where we have come.

I'm glad you are taking it in stride and healing your hurts. I view learning some life lessons like giving birth - it's painful, but you end up with this amazing creation afterwards.

Just wanted to share some love and remind you that you ARE human silly boy - so give yourself some patience to mess up and recover. :) *big hugs* - Veronica