Sunday, July 16

Profile: Yves

Profile: Yves Bosson

Beauty & Strength:

Yves is a strong character, with vision, poise and understanding. He values his friendships and the blessings in his life, but remains detached from turns of events. He retains perspective. He places importance on ethical values and proper form.


Connection:

Yves was my mentor while I was growing up. Although only two years older than me (that's a lot when we're children), I looked up to him as an examplar for conduct and thinking. We used to play all kinds of games together, go out on walks, chat, etc. I used to watch from my home balcony for when his mother would take off on some evenings or on the weekend, and as soon as the car left the lot, I ran over to his house, super-NES in arm, and a huge grin on my face. His home was impeccable, and he would always remind me not to waste energy by leaving the light on in unoccupied rooms. Small lessons like that have stayed with me. He was the one person I know who disliked candy. He played with me when I first discovered role-playing games.
I lost touch with Yves some seven years ago, and I pray that some day we may meet up again, reminisce of our wonderful youth together, catch up, and speak of a bright future.


Service:

Yves was always the calm one in our neighborhood, keeping a great balance in his life between play and work. He thought of his own well-being just enough to be able to think of others'.


Vision:

Last I heard from him, he was possibly heading out to Quebec to study or work in video game programming. I've found his name with a video game company on the internet, though without contact info. I imagine that he is helping to bring up the standard of video game entertainment through higher quality programming and more meaningful game concepts and design. Surely he continues to be a leader and example among his peers.


Token Couplet:

As lunar truth and peace from him descend,
To broader ends your powers now extend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

danio, after I read your post, I turned the light off in my kitchen!