Monday, July 31

So Good!

My grandma arrives today!

By the way, there've been no pics on my weblo recently because my phone's memory card is fried, so I have to find a new one and haven't really bothered looking. Cheer me on!

So my grandma and I have one week to make the best of this beautiful side of the world together. We will be be doing some of the touristy stuff like going up the Pearl Tower and the Jin Mao tower (tallest building in China, 5th tallest in the world, right here in my home town!) We'll also visit the Bund on the Huangpu river bank, with its gorgeous view of Shanghai city skyline. Best of all, we'll be visiting paradise on Earth: Hangzhou! I'm so very excited. This is my second visit, and if we're lucky there'll be pictures this time.

Yay!

Then she'll be heading back to Richmond in time to prepare for my cousin Katharine's wedding!

Right now my parents are visiting my sister Charlotte in Quebec from Richmond, staying for a week! Plus Charlotte will be flying to Richmond for Katharine's wedding - which is on my birthday, Sept. 2 - my 26th!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

danio, I love how you refer to Shanghai as your home town! It is so characteristic of you to be "at home" in its truest sense no matter where you are. The way you approach/percieve/live life is such a shining example for me. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

OH Negligence! I just stumbled upon your blog for the first time in months and, well, I didn't know that you were in Shanghai. Fabulous.

You seem to be enjoying every moment that you can.

Anonymous said...

Danio! I stumbled accross this today and I can't tell you how happy it makes me. This is Shannon who you met in Ft Wayne a few years back. You helped us study some history.

I just got back from Shanghai not too long ago and my heart longs to be there again. I am so happy you are there. You will be in my thoughts and such!

I hope everything is going wonderfully there. Thank you for being there and making my day!

Davissh@earlham.edu

Patty said...

I'm glad you got another Memory Card. It's great to see all the pictures! My Memory Card on my palm allows me to listen to music when I'm walking or riding the bus.
Patty