Monday, August 21

Hangzhou visit with Grandma

Yippie! Time for Hangzhou pictures. Although this is funny for starters, the next few pictures are from my favorite restaurant in Shanghai, which they also have in Hangzhou. They have the most delicious Thai food, and live performances (instruments, singing and dancing). Their outfits are great, and they have some many fruit foods and drinks!






The main feature of Hangzhou is West Lake:








Another big attration to me is the only place I know of where I love to shop! It's a night market with lots of arts, crafts and trinkets. The pagoda in the background is also a principle landmark:


I was very excited to go to the market for a second time:


A few clothes in my wardrobe are from this shop:


Next time I go, I want to buy a couple of this guy's amazing stone-carved tea pots!


This is a picture of our breakfast, which we picked up on the street market right outside the hotel:


Linyin Temple is the next main attraction after the lake:




This girl is just so cute!






I love this woman's dress, but I couldn't get a good shot of it!








There's a whole set of paths going up the mountain. Last time Javad and I walked to the top together. So many stairs!


Did I mention it was a beautiful, no-clouds sunny day?










This was a neat arrangement of rose paintings at a cafe we stopped out before leaving Hangzhou. It reminds me of our promotion for the production of The Rose Knight last summer. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty said...

I suppose when you "picked up" the food, you also paid for it! Hahaha! That's so neat. I've been to markets before, but they are so far away and so rare, that it's not really convenient. So, that's good that you could get fresh food so close to home. And I'm sure Mom liked seeing and eatin the fresh local food. Mom, by the way, absolutely LOVED her visit to China. She was so happy that it took more than a week for her to get back to normal! I can't believe she made that trip at 80 years old! WOW! What a lady!
Patty