Monday, August 21

Suzhou visit with friends

And now, to Suzhou! So cool to go to these beautiful cities back to back like this! The first picture I want to share is one of old people dancing, as they are wont to do at all time of the day. This is at around 7AM, and they were having a grand time!


As opposed to the cheap, do-it-yourself trip I had made with some friends to Zhu Jia Jiao, this time Tian Tian, Zhang Han and I took a tour bus, which means that we were steered around, going to a few select places, half of which are just touristy commercial spots aimed at getting us to buy various products for which the city is famous... like stone tea pots and silk products. This is a picture of our tour guide in action.


We visited a few beautiful gardens, which seem to make up a significant portion of the city's layout.




Throughout our visits, we had a few opportunities to watch and listen to beautiful young women playing traditional Chinese music on characteristic instruments:












My two companions took quite a few pictures themselves!




Haha! I got her:








I had several other pics, here, but having trouble loading - sorry! Maybe I'll start a Flickr page...

1 comment:

Patty said...

I just love alll the pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us. I'm sorry you got sick. I hope you got well soon. People there seem to live in harmony with nature and appreciate it. I'm glad you're able to visit other places than Shanghai and see the countryside!
Mommy
(Patty)